- G&B S.A., founded by Maurice Guillo and Jacques Bona in Paris.
- First agency company exporting luxury brands to the Caribbean and Central America.
- Introduction of Dior, Rochas and Givenchy in the region.
- Second Generation, Philippe and Jean-Jacques Bona, joins the company.
- Expansion to South America.
- Launch of Azzaro and Gucci.
- Jean-Jacques and his wife, Patricia, open a G&B branch in Panama.
- Expansion to US and Canada duty free markets.
- Essence Corp founded in Miami.
- Emphasis on distribution activity.
- Beginning of a strong partnership with Interparfums with the introduction of Burberry Fragrances followed by Montblanc, Jimmy Choo, Oscar de la Renta and Dunhill.
- Third generation joins the company: Antoine Bona, son of Jean-Jacques and Patricia Bona, followed by cousin Guillaume and sister Laetitia Bona Piedra.
- Essence Corp acted as the Sales and Marketing regional office for the Clarins Group from 2003 to 2014 and currently remains its distributor for the Caribbean.
- Addition of Versace and Moschino to portfolio, starting a long-term relationship with EuroItalia.
- Essence Corp welcomes Hermès to its fragrance portfolio.
- Partnership with BPI Group for the expansion of the Caribbean distribution.
- Essence Corp obtains distribution of Bulgari Perfumes for the Caribbean market.
- Acquisition of Victoria’s Secret and Bath & Body Works for the Caribbean and TR specialty retail markets.
- Essence Corp takes on the distribution of Puig Group in the Caribbean.
- Addition of Dolce & Gabbana, now part of the Shiseido group, to our portfolio of brands in the Caribbean.
- New partnership with Sisley Paris for the Caribbean market.
- Strengthening of business relations with Interparfums by adding Coach to our full distribution.
- Essence Corp welcomes Rituals and Dior Fragrances and Cosmetics to its portfolio.